Friends of Boa Onda Guesthouse Peniche, today’s post is dedicated to discover what are the typical restaurants of the capital of Portugal, places where you can taste the specialties of Portuguese cuisine. In a previous article we already talked about what are the typical Portuguese dishes and what to eat in Portugal and if you want to deepen the topic we suggest you to have a look at the previous link. Below we will offer you a selection of the best Portuguese restaurants in Lisbon, indicating the address, the area of the city and other useful information.
The following selection list of Portuguese restaurants in Lisbon has been created through a mix of personal experiences, guesthouse testimonials and the inevitable help of the web such as Google Maps & My Business. Enjoy reading.
Restaurants Portuguese Cuisine in Lisbon
The first useful information for creating a selection of Portuguese cuisine restaurants in Lisbon is in our opinion, the geographical location, also through the use of Google Maps.
As you can see from the map below, most of the restaurants are located in the city centre within the most touristy part of the Lusitanian capital. They can be easily reached from the Restauradores and Baixa-Chiado metro stations.
These are mainly located in the neighbourhoods of: Alfama, Chiado, Barrio Alto, places you will visit several times during your stay in Portugal.
From here you can decide how to get around, whether on foot, by public transport such as bus or tram etc.
Selection of typical restaurants in Lisbon
- Restaurante Bota Alta – Tv. da Queimada 37, 1200-364 Lisboa,
- A Casa do Bacalhau – Rua do Grilo 54, 1900-706 Lisboa,
- Adega de São Roque – R. da Misericórdia 120, 1200-273 Lisboa,
- A Severa – R. das Gáveas 51, 1200-206 Lisboa,
- Cervejaria Trindade – R. Nova da Trindade 20 C, 2715-311 Lisboa,
- Martinho da Arcada – Praça do Comércio 3, 1100-148 Lisboa,
- Maria Catita – Rua dos Bacalhoeiros 30
- As Velhas – R. da Conceição da Glória 21
- Das Flores – Rua das Flores 76
- Restaurante A Gruta de Camoes – R. da Misericórdia 55
- Gambrinus – R. das Portas de Santo Antão 23
- Taberna da Rua das Flores – Rua das Flores 103, 1200-194 Lisboa,
- Taberna do Calhao – Largo das Olarias 23, 1100-376 Lisboa,
- Taberna Sal Grosso – Calçada do Forte 22, 1100-256 Lisboa,
- O Velho Eurico – Largo São Cristóvão 3 e 4, 1100-513 Lisboa,
- Tabuaria do Paco – Rua da Alfândega 110, 1100-585 Lisboa,
- Tasca do Teimoso – R. das Taipas Nº 41 A, 1250-264 Lisboa,
- Restaurante da Calcada – Calçada do Carmo 35, 1200-016 Lisboa,
- Floresta das Escandinhas – R. de Santa Justa 3
- Lisbon Tu e Tu – R. da Adiça 58, 1100-118 Lisboa,
- Taberna Tosca – Praça São Paulo 21
- Zè de Mouraria – R. João do Outeiro 24
- 1° de Maio – R. da Atalaia 8
- Ourives Petisqueria – Calçada de Santo André 11
As always, we hope we have provided you with useful information about the selection of restaurants specialising in Portuguese cuisine in Lisbon. We hope this post will make your stay in the capital city of Portugal, which we love so much, easier.
If you have any questions about this article or your future trip to Peniche, please email us.
The staff of Boa Onda Guesthouse Peniche is always at your disposal through the following contacts:
Leave a Reply