Friends and readers of the blog of Boa Onda Guesthouse Peniche welcome back with news related to the world of surfing. In this post we will talk about the Meo Rip Curl Pro 2022, which as always will take place in Peniche at the legendary Supertubos beach.
Due to the severe disruption caused by the global Covid 19 epidemic, the last two editions of the Meo Rip Curl Pro were cancelled and for this reason the 2022 edition is more eagerly awaited than ever. Here are the dates when the event has been scheduled, the reference website and some statistical data about the last winners of the Portuguese leg of the World Professional Surfing Championship.
Meo Rip Curl Pro 2022: details
The return of the Meo Rip Curl Pro 2022 to Peniche has been planned ahead of past editions. In fact, this European stage has been placed at the start of the season, precisely as event number 3 after the two Hawaii stages of:
- Billabong Pro Pipeline
- Hurley Pro Sunset Beach
The Peniche event will also be the only event to be held in Europe in 2022, as the WSL World Championship will move to Australia and Indonesia first and then on to Central and South America. Below are the exact dates of the event scheduled to take place at Supertubos beach:
- Dates: 03 – 13 March 2022
- Location: Supertubos Beach
- Website = World Surf League Official
Champions of Meo Rip Curl Pro
- 2019 – Italo Ferreira from Brazil
- 2018 – Italo Ferreira from Brazil
- 2017 – Gabriel Medina from Brazil
- 2016 – John John Florence from Hawaii
- 2015 – Filipe Toledo from Brazil
- 2014 – Mick Fanning from Australia
- 2013 – Kai Otton from Australia
- 2012 – Julian Wilson from Australia
- 2011 – Adriano de Souza from Brazil
- 2010 – Kelly Slater from United States
Videos of past editions
As always, we hope we have provided you with useful information about this Portuguese leg of the World Surd League. We look forward to having you as our guests during this or the next editions of Meo Rip Curl Pro 2022 in Peniche. For the occasion, our guesthouse will propose special offers dedicated to the event.
If you have any questions regarding the organization of your trip to Portugal, please contact us via the contact page of our website.
See you soon and have fun in Portugal!